We be flexin’: Student Council builds culture and unity at SIS

Back to Article
Back to Article

Student Council has its weekly meeting under the guidance of advisers Ms. McNeil and Mr. Maloney.

Sanjana J.

Sanjana J.

Sanjana J.

Alyssa T., Sanjana J., Alicia B., Reporters

Have you ever heard of Student Council Club?  The Student Council is a full year club that is an integral part of student culture here at Shelton Intermediate. 

Student Council promotes school unity.  They manage events that happen in the school like The Bash, pumpkin painting contest, and wreath decorating.  So if you ever wondered, who plans all these events, well now you know the answer. This club does community service and they show leadership in everything they do.

Every year the student council has a wreath decorating contest to celebrate Christmas and New Year coming. What happens in wreath decorating is that each team gets an average sized wreath and the kids in the team get to decorate it however they want. They can do whatever except trim the wreath. The judges then come around to each team and see what wreath is the best, just like the pumpkin decorating competition. When you win this contest, you can win a hot chocolate party!

So if you ever see anyone in the student council, say thanks for all their hard work towards these awesome school events!