The student news site of Shelton Intermediate School

The SIS Viking

Duct Tape for Costa Rica!

Mr. Saranich will get duct taped to the wall Friday for a good cause. Bring a $1 to contribute and help out SIS students who are headed to Costa Rica for Spring Break.

Want to see the headmaster duct taped to the wall? Then you’re in luck! Mr. Swercewski (A.K.A. Mr. S), from Team Unity (7-4), is opening a fundraiser starting that starts today and goes until Friday.

Students can buy one yard of duct tape for $1, raising funds for next week’s Costa Rica field trip for members of the SIS Explorers Club. All of the duct tape that the students buy will be used to tape Mr. Saranich to the wall. The headmaster will be standing on a chair against the wall, and will be taped up 1 yard at a time. Once all the tape is used, the chair will be taken away, and Mr. Saranich will be hanging on the wall.

We interviewed Mr. S., the teacher who opened the fundraiser and also is primarily in charge of the Costa Rica trip. We asked him how much profit was needed/expected during this fundraiser.

“How many students are in this school? More than 800 right? That means I am hoping to raise over $800. If every student pays a dollar, we should reach what we need, and we will definitely have enough tape for Mr. Saranich.,” said Mr.  Swercewski.

Bring your wallets, because I think everyone wants to see the headmaster on the wall!