The student news site of Shelton Intermediate School

The SIS Viking

Veteran teacher Mr. Nish brings experience to SIS

Mr. Nishan bring experience and hands-on learning to SIS.

Allison Dapp and Leya Vohra

Mr. Nishan, popularly known as Mr. Nish to his students, is the new Science teacher for Team Determination. The Viking asked him questions about the environment and his past teaching experience.

Mr. Nish said he had never been in the team environment we have here at Shelton Intermediate, but added he has found the experience to be enjoyable.

Before coming to SIS, Mr. Nish had taught in high schools across the nation. He has taught many forms of high school science such as anatomy and physiology in Phoenix, Ariz., and in a Grade 5-12 school in Scottsdale, Arizona.

We asked if the SIS atmosphere was any different from his previous teachings. He answered with, “I guess stepping into a new environment isn’t different since I’ve done it so many times. It’s easy for me to learn about the new people, their personalities, and the politics of the school.”

Overall, Mr. Nishan is fitting in very well in the SIS environment. His students enjoy him and he really enjoys teaching them.

We interviewed some of his students to see what they thought about the transition and his teaching style.

“I like the way he teaches,” said Leya V., “He lets us do a lot of labs and it’s a very hands-on environment.”

Added Will B: “The transition was weird. We went from having a tutor to having a teacher.”

“He’s very professional and is helping us to prepare for the future by helping us to be interactive in labs. By him teaching high school, he is making us ready for whats ahead,” said Owen C.

“Mr. Nishan is very laid-back,” said Luca B., “He has a different style of teaching, but it’s good.”

Before coming to SIS, Mr. Nish had taught in high schools across the nation. He has taught many forms of high school science in Phoenix, Arizona, and in a 5-12 Grade school in Scottsdale, Arizona.

We asked if the SIS atmosphere was any different from his previous teachings.

“I guess stepping into a new environment isn’t different since I’ve done it so many times. Its easy for me to learn about the new people, their personalities, and the politics of the school.”

Overall, Mr. Nishan is a great fit into the SIS environment.