The student news site of Shelton Intermediate School

The SIS Viking

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Ryan W., Viking Reporter

We’ve all been waiting a long time, but the day is finally here: Pokemon Sun and Moon versions are now out!

-SPOILER ALERT-

-Keep in mind, there will be some spoilers in this article!-

The game focuses on a character you play as who has moved to the Alola region, a tropical paradise based on Hawaii, from the Kanto region. Early on in the game, you choose your starter Pokemon (creatures who Pokemon Trainers catch and battle) who will be the first to accompany you on your journey. There are three starter Pokemon, one is grass type, one is fire type, and one is water type. In the Alola region, the starter Pokemon are Rowlet, a Grass and Flying type Pokemon, Litten, a Fire type Pokemon, and Popplio, a Water type Pokemon. Pokemon can also evolve. This is when they change their shape and get stronger. From there, you can battle other Pokemon trainers and their Pokemon, customize your character, catch hundreds of Pokemon, and if you are up to a challenge, take on the trials of each island. There is lots to do in the Alola region! In this game is also a feature called the Battle Tree. This is where you can fight powerful famous trainers like Red and Blue from the Kanto region, Wally from the Hoenn region, and Cynthia from the Sinnoh region, and some others too! Pokemon Sun and Moon are clearly the BIGGEST Pokemon games yet!

This post will be updated from time to time, so check back soon! For now, check out Pokemon.com and Serebii.net for more information on the games.

Thanks for reading, and train on SIS!