The student news site of Shelton Intermediate School

The SIS Viking

Is tonight the night the students finally pull the upset?

Could tonight be the night the students end the 30-year drought in the annual Student-Faculty Basketball Game?

Cate S. and Ana C., Viking Reporters

Let’s go SIS!

Tonight is the student faculty game and we’re all fired up, especially the girls and boys basketball players, the cheerleaders, and the dance team.

“This is an important night because we will perform in front of the whole school,” said Rachel Rachel D. an eighth grade cheerleader from Team Kindness.

Jackie has also been cheering for two years at SIS said that it is also an important night and a fun way to cap a very successful season while showing SIS spirit.

Then we asked Devan W. and Kevin S. of the basketball team what their favorite part of the season was: “Having fun as a team, working together in games and practicing hard,” said Devan K.

Kevin S. predicted an upset by the students tonight, which hasn’t happened in nearly 30 years.

“We are younger and faster,” said. Kevin S.

But not so fast said Mr. Napoli, the girls’ coach and leader of the Faculty’s mens squad.

“There is no doubt we will win again,” Mr. Napoli said. “This is a great tradition at SIS. Everyone has fun.”

Could this be the year of a major upset? Come to the SIS Gym at 6 p.m. and find out!