• January 11January 11, 2018 SIS Career Word of the Week: MATRICULATE

• January 10January 10, 2018 Math Vocabulary Word: COORDINATE PLANE

The SIS Viking

Track is coming – are you ready?

Sofia G., Reporter

With track tryouts coming up in March and April, coaches Ms. Devonshuk and Mr. Danielski are awaiting the new season.  Both coaches are ready for an undefeated season!

“We have some long-distance events that include the mile run for both boys and girls. Then we have an 800, which is a 2 lap around the track race. Then we go to our middle distances, which is a 400, which is one lap around, then we have our shorter distances which is a 200, and then a 100 sprint,” Ms. Devonshuk said at an interview.  There are so many types of races to try – so there is a good chance that one of them may be for you!

As for tryouts, Ms. Devonshuk stated that, “The track tryouts for the girls are the week of March 27th, that’s the last week in March, and then for boys, we will be trying out the following week, starting April 3rd.”

Both coaches are looking forward to the upcoming season.  “So I think we are looking forward to some strong returning runners, we also had a few athletes who became really good at throwing the shot put, and throwing the discus, so I think we are looking for a lot of improvement, but I also have heard of some strong seventh graders coming up, so we are looking forward to a potentially undefeated season,” Ms. Devonshuk claimed during her recent interview.

The team needs more strong athletes, so don’t be shy.  Try out for the 2017 SIS track team!