The student news site of Shelton Intermediate School

The SIS Viking

Students upset hopes dashed by the Faculty

The student hopes of pulling an upset crashed as Mr. Danielski splashed four three-pointers in the fourth quarter tin a 71-54 victory.

A great time was had by all at the annual student-faculty basketball game on Friday, March 24th. But in the end it was deja vu’ once again as the Faculty beat the students 71-54 in front of a packed house.

The students only trailed by a point entering the fourth quarter when Mr. John Danielski and Mr. Jeff Napoli took over. Danielski sank four long-range three-pointers while Napoli controlled the pain, pulling down 10 rebounds in the decisive quarter.

Veteran teacher Mr. Scott Gura started it for the Faculty when he sank a 3-pointer in the opening quarter and then put an exclamation point on the win by splashing another trey late in the fourth quarter. Mr. Kyle Moran provided a youthful spark for the faculty while Mr. Gydus was also a key cog for the faculty.

It wasn’t all bad for the students thought they got to watch the dance team do a very exciting dance and the cheerleaders put on a awesome and exciting routine. I guess you can say it was a very exciting night. And lets hope that next year the students will win their first Students vs. Faculty game.