• January 11January 11, 2018 SIS Career Word of the Week: MATRICULATE

• January 10January 10, 2018 Math Vocabulary Word: COORDINATE PLANE

The SIS Viking

We Be Flexin’: New club spreads kindness with rocks!

The Kindness Rocks club is hard at work under the guidance of Ms. Purcell and Mrs. Nigretti

Alicia B.

Alicia B.

Alicia B., Sanjana J., Alyssa T., Reporters

Have you heard of the Kindness Rocks Club? It’s one of the hot new flex club here at SIS. Here’s the story behind it.

This is the first year of the Kindness Rocks Club in SIS. It is run by Ms. Purcell and Ms. Nigretti. Their goal is to spread happiness. The club paints rocks, and when they are done, they place them outside around the school. If you find a kindness rock that inspires you outside SIS, take it, but you have to replace it with another one that you made.

The Kindness Rock Project started by Megan Murphy. Her parents had passed away when she was about 20 years old. It was hard for her. She came up with a little system to make herself feel better. Whenever she found a heart shaped rock, she would feel that her dad was sending her a message of support. She would take the rocks home, paint them with bright colors, and write inspirational messages on them. When she would make these rocks, she started off by just making a couple and scattering them around the beach. She didn’t tell anyone that she was doing this. However, one day, her friend found one of her rocks and texted a picture to Megan saying, “Look what I found on the beach today! It made my day!” Megan then realized the impact her rocks had on other people. And this was the start of the Kindness Rock Painting Club.

http://thekindnessrocksproject.com/one – This is the link to the video of Megan Murphy about the start of the Kindness Rock Painting Club